Although hiccups is not something that can be alarming, it is useful to know certain […]
How To Cure A Stye
A stye is known as an eye infection which is caused by a blockage in the eyelid glands. Typically, this is not a cause that people need to worry since it heals and goes away on its own. The thing is, a stye can develop inward or outward, and may look like a pimple at the base of the eyelids.
- In some rare cases, both eyes may develop styes at the same time. When the whole eyelid becomes infected, that is the time that it will require medical attention. You can pick from home remedies as well as some other ways on how to cure a stye.
- Styes can be very painful and contagious which is why in case you have a stye, you need to consult a doctor so he or she can give you some prescriptions such as applying topical treatments.
- You also need to avoid squeezing it, rubbing it or piercing it since it is highly discouraged since it might affect the other areas of your eyes. If you really wish to get rid of a stye then you need to be able to make sure that you consider and bear in mind that proper hygiene and always wash your hands. Frequent hand washing remains to be the most effective way to prevent any infection.
- Green tea is also alleged to help you eye stye softer thereby decreasing its size so it can eventually heal. It contains tannic acid that is known to be a very potent natural ingredient that has shown tremendous results in curing eye stye. All you need to do is just soak the tea bag in warm water and apply it several times daily for about five to ten minutes.
- Turmeric is also known as a great way to get rid of your eye stye. Try to boil one teaspoon of turmeric and boil it with two cups of water. Make sure to keep it boiling till it reduces to half. Use it as eye drops for about two to three times a day to make sure that you treat it easily.
- Acacia leaves are also known to get rid of stye and you can prepare a concentrated extract out of handful acacia leaves. You just need to boil the leaves by add mixture before applying it on your eyelids.
- Lastly, you need to avoid wearing makeup when you have an eye stye to make sure that it would not irritate the affected areas. It also helps in preventing the endless cycle of infection.
These are some of the things that would help in case you wish to know how to cure a stye. Just keep in mind that eye stye is an eye infection and in case any of the tips provided would not work, then you need to make sure that you consult your doctor.